Saturday 14 September 2013

Just when I thought technology couldn't hate me any more!

Part four has been hell for me. I think I've already posted a rant about finding bits hard to translate, and not liking the song but that is nothing compared to the technical problems I experienced.

Some subtitles simply refused to appear.

Some subtitles decided to appear in a totally different place to where they should have.

And then this happened. One line of subtitles which seemed to explode into a cloud of names.

What a mess

Eventually, I managed to get things into some kind of order but it got to the stage where I couldn't actually get any of my edits to save either so there are still mistakes. I'm disappointed with this part, both with the translation and with the formatting, but I can't actually change anything even though I have noticed mistakes.

On the plus side, it's not really an important part for character development so there's no chance you miss out on anything.

Can I also say that the prostitutes' dancing, especially after Margrid's entrance, reminds me of how my late grandmother used to dance, if they're rather more sleazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment