Wednesday 5 March 2014

Marie Antoinette Part Six



This part features:
  • Blatant foreshadowing that makes Marie unhappy
  • The people expressing their distaste for the Queen
  • Madame Lapin discovery of the perils of her job
  • The people really expressing their distaste for the Queen
  • More bad late night translation and subbing, of course
The part between 5 minutes and 7 minutes features some violence which, while crucial to the plot, might be a bit upsetting for some people.



This one was obviously delayed again, firstly due to me struggling with the mummer's song and secondly because I lost my libretto again. I'm not the most organised person ever!

The main difficulty, translation wise was the song performed by the citizens and mummers. It's bawdy and that always makes life hard, I think! I've no doubt that I've made mistakes in this but it's not crucial to the plot so, if I'm honest, I'm not too worried. I'm more worried that my brain went fuzzy because of this and I made error later in the thing but blegh!

There are also some really annoying moments where they're using words that just don't feel right when translated into English. One example is when Margrid calls Madame Lapin her "protectress". Genuine translation. Something like "patron" would feel more natural but change the meaning too much, I guess.

The main song in this part is "Ich weine nicht mehr" and it is really powerful and lovely in a desperate, dark way so :-) 

Of course, technical problems happened along the way... it just wouldn't be me without technical problems! That said, I think I've managed to work out how to solve a lot of the new formatting issues I'd been having. It's involved me having to actually learn some of the subtitle coding but oh well. As long as nothing changes with the programs I use (it was an update that triggered the problems) I should hopefully not have as many problems in future. Yay!

I'll start on part seven a.s.a.p. and it will focus on Marie and Axel... remember them?


Are you a fan of Elisabeth too? If so, please click here for information on a current fan project :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment