Tuesday 9 July 2013

Subbing, Translating, Reviewing and... stuff!

Ah, free time…
Yep, I’m still not used to not having to study every five minutes. It’s leaving me feeling quite lost to be quite honest!

As promised, I’m here with an update about my subtitling. I’ve roughly timed most of the next part of Marie Antoinette. This is the most tedious part… well, maybe second most tedious so I’m pleased to get it out of the way as it’s usually the bit I’ll procrastinate over.

The really good news is that I had just written a huge apologetic blog post saying how I’ve lost my libretto etc and therefore I didn’t know when I’d be able to finish subbing the part. Went out without posting it and, while out, found the libretto.

So, I’m going to sit down tomorrow and I will attempt to finish this part of Marie Antoinette. I say attempt because you have no idea how much trouble I have with the technical aspects that come after translation and timing. Fingers crossed.

As for Tanz, I think I wrote about how I was going to translate this, I plan to have the libretto done before I go away in late September. I’m actually really looking forward to doing this properly. If you want a copy of the English libretto then please contact me here or elsewhere (see below) with an email address. As always, I will not send things I do not own but if you want English librettos or subtitle files (depending on what I have) I am willing to email those.

Oh, and before I go, I finally got round to reviewing  The Reluctant Empress by Brigitte Hamann, having read it for the third time. If you’re interested then I’ve posted this on my other blog here.

So, until tomorrow... probably. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment