Friday 3 May 2013

General updating malarkey!

Oh livejournal, how I have neglected you and how much life has gone by since I last wrote here.

In all fairness, I first started this to help keep people up to date with my subbing and with the 'translator's notes'. I've now got a facebook page for the subbing updates, and am still using the forum. I guess the translator's notes will still go here though.

And as for my subbing, yes I have fallen behind... terribly behind. So, here's a summary of the last six months or so as means of an excuse!

I went to Budapest again.
My house flooded.
I restarted at college.
I started my dissertation.
I started to subtitle Marie Antoinette.
I visited Austria, saw the musical Elisabeth, met with my dear friend.
My house flooded.
I finished my dissertation 1st draft.
My house flooded.
I started writing a play for my drama course.
My house flooded.
Christmas.
Landlord said he wanted us out.
Important exams.
Started rehearsing for a different play.
Started to be ill.
Managed to upload the first part of Marie Antoinette FINALLY
Moved out and started living in travelodges.
Got more ill (pneumonia, joy of joys)
Got mostly better.

So, I'm currently doing my last year of college, living a nomadic lifestyle, frantically rehearsing for my play which is being performed in about a week (the 13th) and for the other play, while still a little ill.

No, I don't believe it either!
So do I have a good enough excuse for the absence? hehe


On the plus side I am very excited for my play, and exceptionally stressed. Everything about it was done by me and a classmate from writing to lighting to acting. It's a short about friendship and mental health and it's quite, erm, chaotic, shall we say. There's a lot of stuff in it including costume changes between each scene for all characters and freaky makeup applied onstage. There's dance, there's fight scenes (fisticuffs!), there's guitar, there's German. Someone decided to bite off more than they could chew. Anyway, I might be able to get some photos up on here at some point and I'll post how it goes on my personal facebook if not here.

No comments:

Post a Comment